Thursday, September 18, 2008
Why Socrates was on the brain...
This past week, I've ridden a roller coaster of emotions, as I have been confronted with ethical issues that are strongly grounded within the core of my personal teaching philosophy. Without going into too much detail, I have found that when you're at the top of your professional game, you can easily become a target for idle gossip and empty allegations. However, its situations such as these that make you realize that you are not simply a strand of moral fiber hanging in the balance, but rather an intricate thread, that, when woven together with others, creates a beautiful quilt that gently warms the minds of the future. This week I was reminded that a teacher's worth cannot simply be measured by numbers, but by their character as well; speaking from experience, a teacher's heart is the first thing to seep out of the body when placed under fire. Which, in my case, is usually followed by words...LOL. In the end, the truth always prevails, as do those who choose to never compromise their integrity and never sacrifice throwing in a bit of elbow grease to get the job done, and, I must add, get it done well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment